01 February, 2009

The Waiting Game

I did get callbacks for Serpent Rising. They had me read for Maria a few times, and then Rose once or twice. I love callbacks, because you get a partner if your scene requires one, and you can actually act it out a bit more.

When I walked in, there were about 7-8 people there. Larry, the writer/director announced me and they all started to cheer. Jason, the guy reading for Paul--I think he actually *is* Paul--turned to me and said, "Don't you wish every audition began like this?" YES. What a reception! So we had fun the moment I walked in.

I found out a bit more about the movie...it's an action-thriller a la The Bourne Trilogy...and they're trying to get John Savage as one of the cops! This would be the biggest project I've worked on to date. For sure!

I told my agent I wanted to do my own stunts, and he said, "No, you don't. If you get hurt, that's forever. 'Body double!!!' " He's right, but...man, I'd like to do some rolling around with a gun! LOL...

Anyway, that was Thursday. I did very well, I'm quite pleased with the audition. And now we play the Waiting Game. It's hard not to be impatient. And I like to go around thinking--and talking--like I already have the part. I'm putting all that good juju into the universe...and thanks to all of you who are doing the same. :)

I know I'm on a short list, I just don't know how short. I also know that they were going to cast a gal from LA, but then I auditioned. I can't tell you how thrilling it was to hear that! That made my month, man!

I've been saying for months now that 2009 is my year. It SO is.

Thanks for reading, guys. Don't forget to subscribe to the RSS to stay up-to-date on all my goings-on. This promises to be a busy year... :)

Cannon, out.

*kablooey!*

I'm such a dork. :p

1 comment:

  1. YAHOOOOOO!!! I'm so prude - "I'm Irish and I'm prude!" Can't wait to hear all about it when we're out there next week. Love you!

    ReplyDelete