22 March, 2009

Mad as a March Hare

Spring is here!!! My favourite season! But this blog isn't about that, huh?

I know, I know...it's been a while. I had a friend remind me that I needed to update--and I have time. So here I am.

You lucky people. ;)

Let's see...what's been going on...? Auditions, auditions, auditions...voiceovers, radio spots, and one film. The callbacks were two weeks ago. Haven't heard anything, but am in contact with the director constantly. (We're friends, and getting something else set up--but there's no way I'm going to bug him about casting. If he's decided, then great. If he hasn't, my asking will not help!)

Speaking of what Paddy and I are setting up...! I have managed to get Lana Veenker out to Denver to give her GO PRO workshops. This is a huge deal for me--I can't believe that it was me who got this to happen.

Lana is a Portland, OR-based casting director who has helped cast films like TWILIGHT, CORALINE, etc. I've been following her blog, Tools4Actors, for a while now, and she is just a treasure trove on information. Because she's a regional CD, she knows the problems we face here in Denver and it will be great to get her perspective.

TinyURL.com/GOPRO-DEN
Somebody asked me if I really believed in her, or if I was just getting kickbacks. Which is a legitimate question in this business. No, I get no kickbacks. I do get a one-on-one career consultation with Lana, which is like gold to me...but no financial incentives. These will be fantastic workshops, and I hope a lot of Colorado actors will be there.

I am going to be writing a TV show with an old friend of mine--hallo, Gary! We're still thinking of what we want to do, but we're pretty excited. At least, I am. :) At the moment, he's more excited about the good reviews coming in for his first feature-length film, THE PATH OF TORMENT.  I get my own private screening of the film next month--very much looking forward to it!

Here are the links for the reviews:

Moviecynics.com

Antagony & Ecstasy

I was put through for a female lead in a sci-fi/romance being filmed in May in the UK. I'm sure they'll go with someone local, but it was nice to be submitted--for someone to think of me!

The Highwayman will begin principal photography in August. Macleish Day, the guy playing the title role, really won't be available much until then. I can't plan that far ahead...I hope I'm here for it, but if not, that only means my career is moving forward even more.

Wow...this whole thing is very disjointed, eh? I've got a few things running through my mind at the moment...and I'm watching my dog--Ella--walk around with a treat hanging out of her mouth. It's a thin rawhide strip, and she likes to wander about with it sticking out of her mouth for half an hour or so. Hey, she's crazy like her mummy--what can I say?

And with that, I'm going to sign off.

Much love to you!

GO PRO with Lana Veenker










Will you miss the boat?

In the coming year, hundreds of local actors will audition for Hollywood films in regional markets around the world.  Some will get cast.  Others, who may have been perfect for the role, will not be chosen.  Many more will miss the boat entirely.  Which group do you think you will belong to?
Our next GO PRO Workshops will take place in Denver, CO!  If you or someone you know is in the area, be sure to head to our registration site for additional details.























Intermediate/Advanced

Date: Saturday, April 4, 2009

Time: 9:00AM - 1:00PM

Location: The Bug Theatre, 3654 Navajo Street, Denver, CO 80211

For more details and to register:











Beginning

Date: Saturday, April 4, 2009

Time: 2:00PM - 6:00PM

Location: The Bug Theatre, 3654 Navajo Street, Denver, CO 80211

For more details and to register:

http://www.RegOnline.com/GOPRO_Denver_Beginning











GO PRO
Most of you know that I've owned a casting company in Oregon for almost 10 years and have worked on a lot of these kinds of films.  Before that, I worked as a stage actor, director and producer on three continents.  Over this period of time, I've learned a few things about what it means to be a professional in the entertainment industry.  And, as you may have already figured out, I'm passionate about showing Hollywood that regional actors have got the goods.

I'm going to talk about how to develop the mindset of a professional actor, utilizing simple, proven techniques that I'm very confident will take you to the next level of your acting career.











Tools 4 Actors, PO Box 12435, Portland, OR 97212, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment