06 February, 2014

It's Bagel Day! Yes, it's Bagel Day! B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b Bagel Day!



 



(From the BBC series Maid Marian and Her Merry Men.)

Here at work (Deluxe Media, to refresh your memory), Thursdays are Bagel Day. (Also fresh fruit. But I devour the bagel days before my fruit is even touched.)

And every Thursday morning, as soon as I step off the elevator and smell the fresh baked carb-loaded goodness, I start singing that song--substituting "bagel" for "pancake," of course.

Every. Single. Thursday.

My co-workers love me. ;)

I choose the jalapeno cheddar and add garden veggie shmear, in case you're wondering.

For my American friends: in the  British Isles, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada, Shrove Tuesday is also known as "Pancake Day," due to the tradition of eating pancakes on that day.

I could care less about shriving on a Tuesday. But I can get down with some Pancake Days.

P-p-p-p-p-p-p-p- Pancake Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment